Performance Consultant | Learning Product Design | EdTech Product Innovation | Talent Development
Accomplished leader, driving innovative learning and performance solutions for key brands and universities. Collaborative leader, building top-performing teams and developing traditional, online, and blended learning & performance solutions. Sharp strategist, leveraging market analytics and 20+ years’ experience to drive product design and establish new programs to meet needs of consumers. Well known for positive energy and patience and as a life-long learner who is always looking for ways to improve and to make learning and performance more efficient.
Strengths include: Performance Consulting/Learning Experience Design / Learning Technology Strategy & Integration / Learning as a Service / Blended Learning Design / Digital Learning Design & EdTech / Marketing & Analytics / Consulting & Systems Thinking / Simulation Design & Development / Product & Service Management / Leadership & Team Development / Systems Thinking / Mentorship & Coaching / Performance Improvement / Operations Management / ITSM /SDLC
Learning Experience Design Framework
Performance Support solutions
Human Centered Design Workshops
Enterprise Learning Solutions
Content and Technology curation
Consulting for top learning products
VR/360 video solutions
Performance Support solutions - Chat Bot, Integrated solutions, 3rd party solutions
Blended Learning Playbook
Social Learning games
Experiential Learning design, development & delivery - business strategy, negotiation, stock market, supply chain, vcpe, leadership and collaboration
Embedded classroom technologies
Learning Experience Product Lifecycle - Feedback, Design, Agile Iterations, Production, Marketing, Delivery, Support, Engagement, Evaluation, Continuous Improvement
Mobile Learning and App Design
.B performance solutions
Founder & Chief Experience Architect
Transformation is difficult, especially on your own. We make it easier, efficient and effective using proven strategies and best practices. We help you get to where you want to be and unlock your maximum potential
Boston Consulting Group, Boston, MA 2016 – 2020
Global L&D Director for Learning Experience Delivery, 2018 – Present
Built new team and capabilities, delivering continuous improvement of learner experience. Grow portfolio of blended learning products and establish learning experience best practices. Analyze market, identifying gaps and developing relevant products. Design, produce, and evaluate digital learning tools. Utilize human-centered design approach to drive learner engagement.
- Developed team of 20 members to build new work stream focused on learning experience, learner engagement, product management, and operational excellence to support 20K learners.
Grew Learning Design Center of Excellence, leveraging adult learning science and learning technologies to lead cross-functional teams and drive global innovation engine. Implemented change management and operational excellence strategies to boost performance, advance leadership, and grow corporate capabilities.
- Introduced Learning Experience Design Framework to quickly upskill new team members on designing digital blended learning products.
- Grew team from 17 to 43 employees in first 15 months.
Harvard Business School, Boston, MA 2012 – 2016
Associate Director of Training and Knowledge Management Services, 2015 – 2016
Built new team and capabilities, executing innovative training, communications, and knowledge management services. Improved access to knowledge and learning outcomes through blended offering of classroom sessions, simulations, online tutorials, and animated GIFs. Spearheaded cross-functional team, acting as primary contact for key stakeholders.
- Designed blended learning and training solutions for more than 1.6K faculty, staff, and doctoral students; 3K MBA students and their partners; and 10K Executive Education participants annually.
Led faculty and IT to build and deliver innovative technology and instructional design strategies to meet individual and organizational goals. Balanced several products, projects, and programs to deliver appropriate solutions. Served as Educational Technology Services and Harvard Business School curriculum expert.
- Scaled EdTech, refined delivery processes, and created efficiencies in learning design, development & delivery, building trust among stakeholders.
- Transitioned several products to Harvard Business Publishing that are now being sold to other institutions.
- Introduced new classroom technologies and training, including ITSM, ServiceNow, and Office365.
Enacted end-to-end implementation of pedagogical simulation and learning tool projects for faculty and support staff. Introduced innovative tools for Project Management, Instructional Design, and Performance Support. Mentored team members as they completed certification training.
- Streamlined EdTech delivery process, reducing errors and restructuring to allow for greater innovation.
- Supervised 19 major projects during the first eight months, establishing key relationships with IT staff.
GP Strategies, Elkridge, MD 2008 – 2012
Senior Training & Development Project Management Specialist
Initiated transition from live to blended learning, spearheading eLearning, performance, and technology projects for CIGNA University. Launched complex LCMS solution, collaborated with third-party vendors, and managed internal stakeholders to improve learning and retention rates with innovative training and technology.
- Led first blended learning projects, reaching more than 30,000 learners.
I Drive Safely, San Marcos, CA 2008 – 2009
Instructional Systems Design Consultant
Built new digital training team and capabilities including enterprise eLearning strategy, recruiting online learning team, building online course template, establishing departmental procedures, and consulting on best practices.
- Developed company-first eLearning and digital strategy to bring a new capability to the business.
Peace Corps, Niger, West Africa 1999 - 2001
Regional Coordinator/HFSI/Ag Volunteer
Led a team of Peace Corps volunteers in the Sahel to teach and to improve conditions for villages in the Tillabery region of Niger
- Established the first ever United Nations National Men’s Conference to enable women, focusing on:
- AIDS Awareness
- Women’s Rights
- Family Planning
- Young Girls’ Education
- Financial Responsibility
- Wrote grant proposals to fund numerous successful projects
- Led the building of three schools in the region
- Taught the construction of buildings without wood to preserve the few remaining trees
- Planted more than 2000 trees
- Taught academic subjects to young people and vocational skills to adults
- Worked closely with the UN World Food Program, American Embassy, and Nigerien Government
Excelled in previous positions as Content Development Manager at Learning Evolution, Project Management Supervisor at Quality Built, Visiting Teacher at San Diego Unified School District, Operations Coordinator at Bentley College Residential Center, and US History Teacher at Holbrook High School in Boston, MA.
EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS & CERTIFICATIONS (Always Learning)
BA in History, minoring in Secondary Education, Stonehill College
MA in Educational Technology, San Diego State University
Credential of Readiness (CORe), Harvard Business School Online, 2014
Project Management Professional (PMP) / Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) / ITIL Foundations
- LMS/LCMS/LXP Strategy and Integration (Canvas, D2L, Saba, Xyleme, Degreed, edcast)
- Content Authoring tools (Articulate, Captivate, Evolve)
- MS Tools
PMI Learning Education and Development Community of Practice Expert Blog
Learning Experience Design Framework